Energate Foundation™ Smart Thermostat and Home Energy Gateway
Building a Foundation for the Future
The Foundation Smart Thermostat and Home Energy Gateway allows utilities to drive home energy management from the pilot stage to widespread deployment. Utilities now have a cost effective solution that provides consumers with a simple, easy to use device that provides utility grade connectivity, security and interoperability and delivers information on their energy consumption and costs. Foundation will be of interest to utilities with established demand response programs as well as to those looking introduce new demand side programs to reduce energy consumption and control peak load demand by providing devices that enable consumers to effectively manage their energy consumption.
Click to Enlarge
The Foundation Smart Thermostat is a high performance device based on Energate’s industry leading Pioneer thermostat which has been deployed by over 25 leading utilities across North America. Like the Pioneer, the Foundation is easy to install and easy to use. Highlights include:
- A full-featured thermostat with a graphical display.
- Menu driven user interface that controls the vast majority of HVAC equipment, including heat pumps.
- Support for AMI, broadband & FM RDS communications paths. Both single and/or dual radio configurations are available.
- An accessible USNAP-compatible radio module slot which allows the Foundation to be upgraded to support Wi-Fi, cellular radio, ZWave and proprietary AMI radios.
- Add a Companion dockable color touch-screen Home Energy Manager
- Provide a web-based Consumer Portal
- Anywhere, anytime access through smart phone apps
- Enable energy efficiency programs
- Connect to Home Automation
- Support Load Control programs with a variety of control features
- Offer dynamic pricing programs (TOU & CPP)
- Offer Peak Time Rebate programs
- Optimize electric vehicle charging
- Enable Distributed Generation (e.g., solar)
- Deploy new features using Over-The-Air (OTA) upgrades Key Features
- ZigBee On Board
- Advanced environmental control algorithms that accurately and precisely control the temperature.
- Proprietary silent switching technology.
- Menu-driven user interface with extensive help screens.
- Multiple hold types: Temporary, Timed, Vacation, & Permanent.
- Supports multiple levels of event participation in voluntaryand mandatory load control events.
- 7, 5/2 or 5/1/1 day schedule with up to six setpoints per day
- Two levels of passwords (user & installer).
- Support for DR over Broadband using the ZIP Connect IP Gateway
Advanced HVAC Control Capability
- Up to 2 Heat/2 Cool (Conventional)
- Up to 3 Heat/2 Cool (Heat Pumps)
- Control Accuracy ±0.9°F @ 68°F (±0.5°C to 20°C)
- Plenum Fan Control
- Heat Pump Fault Input
- Automatic Short Circuit Detection
- Auto changeover hysteresis (default 2°F, option 0-6°F) (0°C to 3°C)
- Anticipation time
- Maximum recovery time
- Max & min setpoint range
- Timed filter reminder
- Multiple reset options
- Size - 6.5”W x 4.25”H x 1.25”D (156mm x 113mm x 31mm)
- Display – 2.58” x 1.45” (65mm x 37mm), 128 x 64 dot matrix with white LED backlighting
- Operating range - 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Power supply voltage: 20-30 VAC
- Integrated ZigBee Radio:
- IEEE 802.15.4 compliant ZigBee radio
- 2405-2483.5 MHz channels 11-26, 5MHz Spacing
- -102 dBm receive sensitivity
- +20 dBm output power (100 mW) typ