Building a Foundation for the Future
Consumers can manage their energy use and reduce peak demand without sacrificing comfort or convenience with Energate’s Foundation Smart Thermostat and Home Energy Gateway.
Energate’s Foundation is a fully featured smart thermostat with integrated in-home energy display functionality. The Foundation is a core component of Energate’s Interactive Energy Management solution that lets you and your consumers manage energy use and reduce peak demand.
In addition to its integrated ZigBee radio, the Foundation offers plug-in modular radios. The availability of modular radios and Over-The-Air upgrades, will give you a high degree of confidence that the Foundation will continue to evolve to meet your needs over time.
Foundation is a cost-effective solution that will provide your consumers with a simple, easy-to-use device that delivers utility grade connectivity, security and interoperability while supplying information to end users on their energy consumption and costs. As a thermostat, Foundation is in the ideal place for a gateway device because it is always powered and centrally located.
Whether you have established demand response programs or are planning to introduce new demand side programs, Foundation will enable your consumers to effectively manage their energy consumption to help you control peak load demand.
Compatibility and Interoperability
- Foundation is compatible with over 90% of HVAC equipment in the market today. This means one SKU can be used for a majority, if not all, of your customers.
- Foundation provides interoperability with industry leading AMI vendors such as Itron, Sensus and Silver Spring Networks.
Multiple Communications Options
- Supports multiple communications options including AMI, Broadband and Paging. Both single and dual radio configurations are available.
- Provides an accessible USNAP-compatible radio module slot that allows Foundation to be upgraded to support Wi-Fi, cellular radio, ZWave and proprietary AMI radios.
- Advanced environmental control algorithms accurately and precisely control the temperature.
- The patent proprietary silent switching technology is far superior to existing relays—no more clicks when your equipment comes on.
Advanced User Interface
- Energate’s Smart Thermostats can display almost any text, graphic, menu, animation or other element.
- Energate’s sophisticated user interface enables features, multi-language support, help screens, messaging, and plain-language, menu-driven configuration.
- No other thermostat offers an interface that matches Energate’s flexibility, capability, and ease of use.
- Fault/message notification allows for easier and more successful installations; for example, survives and helps diagnose wiring problems.
- Provides consumers with detailed information on their home energy use and costs, including comparisons with previous periods.
- Simple set and forget Interactive Energy Management.
Demand Response Capabilities
- Direct Load Control programs through either immediate or scheduled setbacks (set-point offsets, duty cycle control, or specific temperatures) with the ability for the consumer to opt-out of load control events based on multiple load control categories.
- Dynamic Pricing programs have flexible price control profiles to support a variety of dynamic rate plans including TOU, Variable Peak Pricing, Critical Peak Pricing and Peak Time Rebate rate programs.
- Visible alerts include color LEDs on the faceplate that are tied to both load control and price driven events, as well as through pre-defined and custom text messages. You can request acknowledgements.
Meter Data Collector
- The Meter Data Collector works with Foundation’s built-in Meter Data Receiver—models FZ100C and FZ100CF only. The Collector attaches to a non-AMI meter where it gathers information about whole home energy consumption and transmits it to Foundation for presentation to the consumer. The Meter Data Collector is compatible with the majority—up to 90%—of meters in North America.
Wi-Fi Radio Module
- The Wi-Fi Radio Module provides wireless broadband gateway connectivity for the Foundation Smart Thermostat and Home Energy Gateway. Consumers with a home Wi-Fi router can deploy a completely wireless in-home solution by using the Wi-Fi Radio Module to connect to their existing Internet, which enables remote control of the Foundation and allows them to take advantage of the web-based consumer portals and mobile applications.
Contact us if you would like more information on our Foundation Smart Thermostat and Home Energy Gateway.